Renault Clip 164 dealer diagnostic unit – to program robot unit
To run fault finding on the vehicle computers, switch on the ignition.
Faults are declared present or stored (depending on whether they appeared in a certain context and have
disappeared since, or whether they remain present but are not diagnosed within the current context).
The present or stored status of faults should be taken into consideration when the diagnostic tool is used after the
+ after ignition feed has been activated (without any of the system components being activated).
For a present fault, apply the procedure described in the Interpretation of faults section.
For a stored fault, note the faults displayed and apply the Notes section.
If the fault is confirmed when the instructions are applied, the fault is present. Deal with the fault.
If the fault is not confirmed, check:
– the electrical lines which correspond to the fault,
– the connectors for these lines (for oxidation, bent pins, etc.),
– the resistance of the component detected as faulty,
– the condition of the wires (melted or cut insulation, wear).
Or use the fault finding procedure to check the circuit of the component concerned.
The aim of the conformity check is to check data that does not produce a fault on the diagnostic tool when the data
is inconsistent. Therefore, this stage is used to:
– run fault finding on faults that do not have a fault display, and which may correspond to a customer
– check that the system is operating correctly and that there is no risk of a fault recurring after repairs.
This section gives the fault finding procedures for statuses and parameters and the conditions for checking them.
If a status is not behaving normally or a parameter is outside the permitted tolerance values, consult the
corresponding fault finding page.
Customer complaints – Fault finding chart
If the diagnostic tool check is correct, but the customer complaint